Covering all 12 Ski Areas in the Portes du Soleil Ski Area: Abondance, Avoriaz, Champery, Chatel, La Chapelle, d’Abondance, Lets Gets, Montriond, Morgins, Morzine-Avoriaz, St Jean d’Aulps, Torgins, Val d’Illiez, Les Crosets, Champoussin. The map is the the official and most current resort piste map obtained directly from the ski area. The winter sports area is one of the largest in France, situated between the elevations of 1,000 and 2,466 m, with over 580km of pistes.
PORTES DU SOLEIL WIPEOUT FEATURES :
- Full size piste maps whole of Portes du Soleil ski area, split over both sides of the Wipeout cloth
- Piste rescue telephone numbers included
- Printed on both sides of a microfibre cloth the maps are clear, even when wet
- It won’t tear or get dog-eared and doesn’t need to be carefully refolded
- Unlikely to blow away in the wind and can be handled easily whilst wearing ski gloves
- A really effective glasses cleaner for spectacles, sunglasses and ski goggles
- Size 30 x 40cm, large enough to wrap your goggles, small enough to scrunch up in your pocket
- The Wipeout comes wrapped in its own little pouch
Did you know? Portes du Soleil is the name of the 1,950 meter-high pass connecting Morgins to Les Croset.
« Images may not be the latest Wipeouts available – we ship the newest version in stock. »
DETAILED LIFT INFORMATION :
In general, most of the runs are serviced with rapid four and six person chair lifts. Quick gondola lifts or chair lifts lead from the valley villages up to the ski resort. Naturally, there are still many j-bars, as is common in France, but you do not have to use them and can choose to use the modern chair lifts instead. Besides one exception in Champéry, none of the lifts have bubbles. Les Gets, Avoriaz, Châtel, Champéry and partially Les Gets have invested in recent years in new, high performance lifts.
- Number of ski lifts : 172
- Total Capacity : 256080 passengers per hour
- Total Lift Length : 149.6 km
1 new lift for 2018/19: Pierre Longue (YOC 2018) 6pers. High speed chairlift (detachable)
Lift information was provided by Ski Resort Info